Looking for a healthy but yummy snack? Want something easy that you can involve your loved one in preparing? Need a dementia friendly activity? Need a way to encourage an appetite? Have fun making these delicious
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Sugar-Free Chocolate Oat Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter, optional
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine honey, peanut butter and coconut oil, stirring until everything blends together smoothly.
- Stir in oats, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and mix until everything is fully incorporated and coated.
- Use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to drop cookies down onto parchment-lined baking sheets, then place in freezer for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer (depending on how you like them) and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes http://12tomatoes.com/2015/04/healthy-sugarfree-cookies-nobake-chocolate-oat-cookies.html